Sorry for the formality, but we need to do the ‘legal’ stuff and ask you to agree to terms…
Moderation and Comments
While the Administrators and Editors of “The Good News Edition” (this Service) will attempt to remove or edit out any material that we, in our sole discretion, find to be generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, the Service does not screen public comments in advance and has no liability to Members for monitoring material posted by other Members.
Join the discussions, but know that all posts made to this Service, as well as all material featured and linked to on this site, whether by Editor, Administrator, or Member, express the views and opinions of the authors and not the Administrators or Editors (except for posts by these people). Hence the Administrators, Editors, or any others involved in the Service or business of the Good News Edition LLC cannot and will not be held liable.
Please know it is possible from time to time that other Members or users (including unauthorized users) may post offensive comments on this Service and that you may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive comments before we have an opportunity to remove or stop the dissemination of them. You should also know that we, in our sole discretion, may decide not to remove certain comments posted on this Service, as the determination of such comments as being offensive or without probative value may not be clear, certain or an opinion that the Service shares.
Offensive comments include material that is defamatory, inflammatory, slanderous, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful or known to be false.
Please assist us in our efforts to provide a positive and productive Service by notifying us of the presence of material that you find objectionable using the Contact Us form on the web site.
This Service reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members, to suspend Members and prevent their further access to the Service for violating the User Agreement and further reserves the right to remove communications which are abusive, illegal, defamatory, disruptive or otherwise contravene this User Agreement.
In order to keep these forums enjoyable and interesting for all of our users, we ask simply that you exercise common sense and generally be considerate toward your fellow users. By participating either in live online forums or comments, in the discussion forums or in personal messaging, you are consenting to these rules.
Members must be 13 or older.
We do NOT knowingly collect or allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or distribute, personally identifiable information on our website. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen, we will delete such information from our records.
Members are responsible for their own communications and are responsible for the consequences of posting those communications. They are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their username and password and for any and all activities that are conducted through their account.
When Members register they agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about themselves as prompted by our registration process.
Privacy and Registration Info
• Members agree not to post spam or advertisements that are unrelated to the topic under discussion at the time.
• Members agree not to impersonate another person.
• Members agree not to post any material abusive, slanderous, hateful, threatening, defamatory, inflammatory, knowingly false, or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to your membership being permanently suspended (and your service provider being informed). Also note that the IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.
• You agree that the Webmaster, Administrator and Editors of this Service have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.
• You agree to be fully responsible for the content that you post on the Service. You will not knowingly post content that violates the copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right of any third party and that you will remove and/or notify the Service of the same should you discover that you have violated this provision. Likewise, you agree not to post content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, that violates a third party’s right to privacy, that otherwise violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or that is otherwise inappropriate. You will indemnify the Service, its employees, agents, and affiliates from any and all claims and/or damages (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to content you have posted.
• You understand and agree that the Service is not responsible for any content posted by third parties. Nevertheless, the Service may monitor the comments and discussions as it chooses and reserves the right to remove, edit or otherwise alter content that it deems inappropriate for any reason whatsoever without consent. We further reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove a user’s privilege to post content.
• This Agreement may be terminated by either party for any reason at any time.
• This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Georgia.
BY CONTINUING TO USE THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Licensing of Content
When you post a message, upload a file, or otherwise provide us with material for display on the Service, you are granting the Service a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, sublicense, adapt, transmit, distribute, perform or display any such communication. The foregoing grants shall include the right to use any proprietary rights in such communication, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction.
Except for content you have posted on the Service, or unless expressly permitted, or through Share buttons on the site, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of this Service, except that you may download material from this Service for your own personal use, such as printing occasional articles of personal interest only. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not distribute any part of this Service over any network, including a local area network, nor sell or offer it for sale. In addition, these files may not be used to construct any kind of database.
Contact us for more information on receiving express permission to copy or distribute.
1. You confirm that you are over 13 years of age.
2. You agree you have read and understood and agree to abide by the above Terms, Rules and conditions which are presented to you for approval before you make your decision to participate in the Service.
3. By clicking “Submit and Confirm” you agree to be bound by these conditions.
4. You also agree that you are taking full responsibility for your actions in joining the Members’ site and will not take any legal action against the Webmaster, Administrator, Editors, Host(s), or any other connected parties, based on your decision to join.